Skip to content Skip to navigation

Overview

The SME Consulting Programme finances business projects mandated by local enterprises, undertaken by SMU students and supervised by SMU faculty or affiliates who are either subject matter expert or industry practitioner . It is a first-of-its-kind tripartite collaboration where a leading regional bank lends financial commitment, a world-class university makes available student and faculty resources, and successful local businesses provide sponsorship and hands-on experience to nurture and develop the local business community.

Students engaging in these projects are senior year students who have had strong academic grounding and interest in the area they are consulting. This is where they pick up hands-on experiences that will equip them for the real world.

Majority of these projects were Market Research and Branding related projects (~65%) and with the remaining (35%) consisting of Business Expansion, Feasibility Studies, Human Resource, Finance and Operation Management related projects. A typical example of how the SME Consulting Programme works is, students working on market research projects will have the opportunity to go out collecting primary data for companies. They may also conduct focus groups, if the team and the company deem it necessary.

Local enterprises who would like to be involved with the UOB-SMU Asian Enterprise Institute by providing opportunities for SMU students to work with them, may apply to do so.

  • If you are an interested local enterprise, please visit our pages for SMEs.
  • If you are an interested student consultant, please visit our pages for students.
  • If you are an interested project advisor, please visit our pages for project advisors.

Last updated on 03 Jun 2013 .

Subscribe to our mailing list